Blawhorn Moss NNR and Flanders Moss NNR
Current advice from Scottish Government
We know that people want to make the most of the beautiful country that we live in, however current advice is travel for exercise and leisure should remain within your local area.
You can travel short distance for outdoor recreation, but stay local – roughly 5 miles is a sensible guide – and where possible get there by foot or bike.
Visiting Flanders Moss and Blawhorn Moss:
- If it looks busy when you arrive please try somewhere else.
- The viewing tower at Flanders is closed.
- The car parks are open; but please respect guidance and do not travel more than 5 miles to visit.
- The paths on the reserves are narrow and in place it will be difficult to keep a 2 metre distance.
- Please give other people space and if they need to pass step to the side and wait.
- Keep your dog under proper control. Don’t let it approach people, livestock or wildlife.
- Please take your litter and dog waste home and dispose of it responsibly.
- Be extra careful when it is warm and dry while you are out and about – do not start fires.
You may see staff out and about undertaking their duties, they are required to maintain their physical distance from you, please respect that. They will do their best to help but safety of staff and visitors must come first.
Take extra care to follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code when you are out and about – https://www.outdooraccess-scotland.scot/.